If you are new on basketball betting, this article is a best place you to read. Basketball betting is somehow similar to football betting but slightly popular. Though winning on a basketball betting game in a continuous manner is kind of difficult, placing a bet should not be.
Here are the few ways on how to place a bet on a basketball game.
- Decide on how much money will you bet. Check your money in the bank. Of course, the amount is up to you. If you are just getting started in this basketball betting, better to start up with as little as possible. There are many online sportsbook that accept bet for as low as $1.
- Look for an outlet where you will be placing your bets. If you live in Las Vegas, surely you can find many legalized sportsbook, but if there is no available you can check and contact a bookie, an individual who takes wagers just as a sportsbook would or you could bet online.There are many websites you can participate for your basketball betting, so nothing to worry!
- After searching for your outlet which I guess an online account is the easiest one to manage, it is time for you to place your bets. The most common method for basketball betting is the point spread. With the point spread, the team expected to win will be called the favorite, while the team expected to lose will be called the underdog. The team expected to win gives, or lays, points to the team expected to lose for betting purposes. For example, a weak team (let’s say the New York Knicks) is playing a strong team (San Antonio Spurs), the Spurs would be favored to win. Let’s say they are favored by 8 points. You have two options here: (1) Bet the Spurs and hope they win by more than 8 or (2) bet the Knicks and hope they don’t lose by more than 8. If the Spurs win by exactly 8, it’s a “push” and you get your money back.
- Definitely, online sportsbook earn money because of you. This is what they call the “house advantage” If you bet $10 dollars, your $10 bet would not win you $10, instead, you’d only receive a $9.09 profit, because of the 10% rake the sportsbook takes. And you should be aware of this. Keep in mind that it is not easy to win. No sportsbook (in Vegas, online or anywhere else) will pay you even money for a wager.
- Be smart to win. If the point spread method is not for you. Try other basketball betting method such as money line, parlays or the over/under , in which you bet whether the total points in the game will exceed a certain number or not. Betting 10 games every other day is not the way to win in the long run. It’s much wiser to choose two to four games you are confident in and bet those.